Introduction to Landscaping pre-apprenticeship program
Helping apprentices and trainees start their landscaping journey
Our 9 week intensive pre-apprenticeship program will help you start your career in the landscaping profession.
Delivered in partnership with TAFE and supported by the Government of South Australia, successful applicants undertake 3 accredited units from the Certificate III in Landscape Construction at no cost.
Through the program we work with both participants and employers to help develop the foundation skills necessary for a successful apprenticeship or traineeship with a landscaping business.
What the program gives you
Support to find a landscape apprenticeship or traineeship
- We will work with you to help you find an apprenticeship or traineeship with a master landscape business.
Training at no cost
- The opportunity to complete 3 accredited units from the Certificate III in Landscape Construction:
- AHCWHS301 – Contribute to work health and safety
- AHCLSC306 – Implement a paving project
- AHCLSC301 – Set out site for construction works
- Optional White Card (or general construction induction card) is required for workers who want to carry out construction work.
- Optional targeted training and information sessions to support your knowledge and help you network within the industry.
Gear at no cost
- The safety gear you need to undertake the training and help be site ready for an apprenticeship or traineeship.
- The opportunity to get 3 of your 15 units of accredited training out of the way fast. This means you can contribute more on site earlier and spend less time away for training later on in an apprenticeship or traineeship.
What you need to do
- Attend Urrbrae TAFE for 18 days over 9 weeks, 2 days per week.
- Attend an additional 1 day of White Card training if you choose that option.
- Complete the training to the best of your ability.
- Ask for help if you find something difficult. We are here to support you to get through this program and into an apprenticeship or traineeship.
- Work with us to help us understand what you want out of a career as a landscape professional so we can help put you in touch with the most appropriate business looking for an apprentice or trainee.
- Attend interviews with a business that might have an apprenticeship or traineeship opportunity for you.
Will I get an apprenticeship or traineeship?
We do have a lot of MLSA members that are looking for apprentices and trainees and we will work hard if you will too to help make things happen.
Get in touch
If you would like to participate in the ‘Introduction to Landscaping’ program either as someone looking for an apprenticeship or traineeship or a MLSA member looking for an apprentice or trainee please get in touch.
Master Landscapers of South Australia
0488 300 272