Our 9 week intensive pre-apprenticeship program will helps participants get their career in the landscaping profession underway.
Delivered in partnership with TAFE and supported by the Government of South Australia, successful applicants undertake 3 accredited units from the Certificate III in Landscape Construction at no cost.
Through the program we work with both participants and employers to help develop the foundation skills necessary for a successful apprenticeship or traineeship with a landscaping business.
Someone in mind or someone new?
I already have someone in mind
If you already have someone in mind or an employee you want to offer an apprenticeship or traineeship to, or you sign someone up to a training contract before or during the program.
- Release them to attend Urrbrae TAFE for 18 days over 9 weeks, 2 days per week from the week starting early September 2019. After the initial intensive program time away for site reduces to what is negotiated by you as part of the training contract.
- Release them to attend an additional 1 day of White Card training if you choose that option.
- Talk to them about what they are learning during the training.
- Where appropriate, give them the opportunity to practice what they have learnt and provide guidance and mentoring.
I’m looking for someone new
If you don’t already have an employee you want to offer an apprenticeship or traineeship to.
Apprenticeship / Traineeship
- Work with us to help us understand your business and what you want out of having an apprentice or trainee so we can help put you in touch with the most appropriate participant.
- Engage with participants that have been identified to see if you want to offer them a apprenticeship or traineeship.
Am I guaranteed an apprentice or trainee?
- We will work hard to try and find the right participant for you.
Whoever you take on in an apprenticeship or traineeship you will need to:
- Hold licences in the areas you will be mentoring an apprentice or trainee where licences are required.
- Become a registered employer to host apprentices or trainees with the Department for Industry and skills and get a training contract in place.
What the program gives you
Service at no cost
Any service we provide to you through the Introduction to Landscaping program is covered by your MLSA membership.
The opportunity to get an apprentice or trainee that comes with 3 of their 15 units of accredited training out of the way means they can contribute more on site earlier and spend less time away training later on.
Assistance to roll participant into a formal training contract.
Get in touch
If you would like to participate in the ‘Introduction to Landscaping’ program either as someone looking for an apprenticeship or traineeship or a MLSA member looking for a apprentice please get in touch.
Master Landscapers of South Australia
0488 300 272